Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I have thick curly/wavy hair. nothing works for me. Please Help!!?

Usually i just tie it up. EVERYDAY. im sick of getting made fun of my "big, poofy, frizzy, THICK" hair. Any ideas of how I can style my hair without getting those comments? Please help me!!



I have thick curly/wavy hair. nothing works for me. Please Help!!?

Oh, yes I remember my poof. When I was in 6-10th grade, my hair just did this thing where it became one mass, grew it's own circulatory system and did whatever the hell it wanted. It seemed like there was nothing I could do. Actually, there was very little I could do. I don't know how old you are, but if you are a teenager, take heart, your hair will eventually calm down and become more obedient. In the meantime:



1)Use good conditioner. I love Finesse, their curl moisturizing conditioner is awesome, and it doesn't cost too much, $4 a bottle is what I pay.



2)How attached are you to the length of your hair? My hair became infinitely more manageable when I cut it up to my chin. The curls had less weight to support or something, I don't know exactly why it helped, but they became more defined and less frizzy.



3)use a hair product for getting rid of frizz made for curly hair. anti-frizz things for straight hair like frizz-ease are too heavy for curls and will just flatten them out and grease them up. Good bets are L'Oreal Pumping Curls gel or spray, they really help keep the frizz down. Just don't use too much or you'll get crunchy curls, which I think is just as bad as frizz.



4)wash your hair at night or in the morning, comb it while wet with a wide-toothed comb, and then leave it. Don't brush it again, don't pull at the curls, if you have to style it in the morning (if you shower at night) just muss it with your fingers a little, don't run a brush through it, though. If you separate the curls that want to form with a brush or comb when it is dry the curls will rebel and become a frizzy kinda messy flattish yet oddly poofy thing. I've been there, it's not pretty.



I hope this helps, I know how frustrating curly hair can be sometimes, good luck!



I have thick curly/wavy hair. nothing works for me. Please Help!!?

Okay seriously hair gel! Suave makes some really good curly hair products that don't make your hair hard. It can be smooth and not frizzy *there is hope, lol* Also Herbel Essence also has a really good product but unless you put some sort of smoother with it, it will make your curls hard!! Suave is probably your best bet!! Hope that helps =)



I have thick curly/wavy hair. nothing works for me. Please Help!!?

Be proud of what you have. I'd love big poofy frizzy hair!



Theres a website for 1001 hairstyles. Mayb try www.1001 hairstyles.



Good luck



I have thick curly/wavy hair. nothing works for me. Please Help!!?

My best friend has the same problem. Believe it or not she uses a product called Mane and Tail. It can be found in most stores hair care sections, lowest shelf, yellow and white label I think. Now she has long flowing gorgeous curls like you see at the Oscars...Try a K-Mart or Meijers. I also thinks she uses her fingers or a pick--never a comb--it just separates the hair more accentuating the individual curls instead of getting them to work together.



I have thick curly/wavy hair. nothing works for me. Please Help!!?

You can try a relaxer. They are available everywhere. This will calm the curvy/waviness of it enough to style how you want it. Also try something called Lustre's. It is in a pink bottle it smoothes out the hair. After you style it how you want it, use gel, hairspray, or mousse to keep it where it is. If your hair still rebels, than try a weave or braids.



I have thick curly/wavy hair. nothing works for me. Please Help!!?

Easy. Right after shower, don't blowdry it completely. Half it, then put light gel or mouse all over it, and flatten it with your hands to prevent all the frizz coming out of it. Split on the side, not the middle. Then hairspray it a little. Look at Debra Messing's character on Will and Grace. She can pull it off so can you! :)



OR.. a much better preferred way would be:



Use a ceramic flat iron to straighten it out. But before you do that, make sure you use conditioner when you're washing it. Then use a lil oil to make it look shiny so when you flat iron it, it won't give the dryness look. Once it's straightened, you will have perfectly "poofy" hair minus the flat and frizzy look. I wish I had wavy hair so I don't have to worry about flatness. Ugh.



I have thick curly/wavy hair. nothing works for me. Please Help!!?

Gel is kind of sticky, so I don't really like it. Try an anti frizz serum, then blow out your hair using a blow drier.



I have thick curly/wavy hair. nothing works for me. Please Help!!?

http://www.missjessies.com/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment