Saturday, July 25, 2009

A question about dying my hair after having highlights put in?

Approximately two months ago I had blonde highlights put in my light brown hair. The idea was to cover up my grey. Well it didn't work and the grey is still showing. My daughter talked me into dying my hair. We purchased the colour but it says not to use if you have had metal based dye on henna put on your hair. I cannot reach my hairdresser as she is on vacation. My question is would



highlights put in my a hairdresser be okay to cover withi this hair dye and will my highlights still show?



A question about dying my hair after having highlights put in?

You should be fine to go ahead and use the hair dye. Henna and metallic dyes aren't used that often in beauty salons. If you just had normal highlights, than it was neither of those.



A question about dying my hair after having highlights put in?

Hair salons typically don't use metallic dyes or henna. Chances are if it didn't cover the gray it wasn't a strong color. I'd say your safe to color it. They highlights might show a little bit but probably not much. Just make sure you use a color that has a little gold in it over the highlights otherwise they'll turn a funny color because they are so light. Also have your daughther help you apply the color so you don't miss any spots. Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment